Chiku shake is a famous and healthy milk shake and can be prepared very easily.Chiku is very good for health and when prepared with milk ,chiku shake is very tasty and healthy.
1. Chiku (peeled)-3 nos 2. Chilled milk-1/2 litre 3. Sugar-5 to 8 tbsp(as required) 4. Ice cream-1scoop(optional)
* Remove the skin and seeds of the chiku and cut into pieces.
* Add this pieces and 1 cup of chilled milk into the juicer.
* Run the mixer until smooth paste is obtained.
* Add rest of the milk and sugar,run the mixer again for 30 sec.
* Pour into a serving glass and place 1 scoop of ice cream at the top(optional).
Mango Shake - A refreshing Indian summer drink
This is a delicious, refreshing and easy-to-make drink for hot summer days.
Squeezed mangoes or mango pulp -- 1/4 of total quantity desired
Milk (preferably not Skimmed) -- 1/2 of total quantity desired
Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt -- 1/4 of total quantity desired
Cardamom -- about 1 piece per cup
Peel the Cardamom and powder the grains; throw away the peels. Alternatively you can use half a spoon of readily available powdered Cardamom. Add ice cream/frozen yogurt, milk, and mango pulp to the blender and blend them for about 2 minutes. Add Cardamom to the milk shake and blend it again for a few seconds. Refrigerate the milk shake and serve with or without ice.
Orange Cream Milkshake
* 1/2 cup milk
* 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
* 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
* In a blender combine milk, ice cream and orange juice concentrate.
* Blend until smooth.
* Pour into glasses, garnish with an orange slice and serve.
Vada Sambhar Recipe
1/2 cup Urad Daal
1/2 cup Moong Daal
1 Onion finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger
1-2 Green Chilies finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
How to make vada sambhar :
* Pick, wash and soak daals for 3-4 hours.
* Grind them coarsely in a blender.
* Now add onions,ginger, green chilies salt and baking powder and mix well and set aside for 5minutes.
* Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and deep fry a spoonful of batter till golden
* Serve with chutney as a breakfast or sambhar or rasam as a meal.
Dal Dhokli - Gujarati Dish
250 grams tuver daal,
200 grams wheat flour,
3 green chilies
3 tbsp green chili paste
50 grams groundnut
25 grams cashewnut,
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Mustard seeds,3-4 cloves
2 cinnamon, 2 tomatoes
1 tbsp Tamarind 100 grams brown sugar,
Salt To Taste,
1 tbsp Garam masala,
1 tsp Ajama 4-5 tbsp.Oil,
2 tbsp Red chili powder asafetida
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
3-4 tbsp. Ghee.
* Shift wheat flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, ajama, red chili powder. Mix well. Add oil and knead the flour to roti like consistency.
* Wash tuver dal and pressure cook it for three whistles.
* Cool and remove the dal. Heat oil and ghee in a pot, then put cloves and cinnamon and then add mustard leaves.
* When they crackle add curry leaves, green chilies and a pinch of asafetida. Pour tover dal.
* Mix tamarind and brown sugar water, cashew nuts, groundnut, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
* Add tomato pulp, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water. Boil the dal. roll out big rotis and cut them into pieces and add these pieces in boiling dal.
* Boil for 10 minutes and remove. Serve the dal dhokli warm. Sprinkle cilantro leaves.